Monday, December 28, 2020

“Day 8 of “The Journey Back to Self - Living IN the Goal”


took my 10 minutes of self-care today to take a look at the goals and intentions I am setting for 2021. 

How many lofty goals have you set for yourself with tremendous intention saying “I’m going to...(fill in whatever you said your going to do, accomplish or change)?

Guilty as charged!

After many failed attempts towards “New Year’s Resolutions”, I began to reflect year over year why I wasn’t attaining my well intentioned “wishes”.   

It was because they were just wishes. 

“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” - Michael Jordan

My dad would say, “Theres no such thing as a good try”, which I never understood until I began my personal growth journey. 

There’s so much more to goal setting for the new year or new seasons of life. 

It starts with how we speak of our goals. 

It begins with our choice of words as we describe our “wishes”.  

It is all about the tense we use. 

Speak as if it’s already happening. 

I’ve looked back in journals years ago where I’ve set specific goals. The goals I attained were the ones I spoke in present tense. 

For example, when I was faced with divorce and bankruptcy, my journal entry read:

1. “I “need” to get my significant other sober and back on track so we can be happy.” 

2. “I need to pay off all my debt so I don’t have to worry about finances.”

Holy crap!  No wonder I was stuck in my marriage and broke for way longer than I needed to be!  

I was wishing from a space of “lack”. 

Today, I speak from a place of abundance. I speak as if I’m already IN the solution and the desired state.

For example, today I speak of my desires so differently...

1.  It is 1/1/21. I am an active participant in all my relationships. I am vulnerable in my requests of what I want, yet I set boundaries. My relationships are filled with respect, love, honesty and have set boundaries. Since attaining this goal, I am more confident and have less worry. I have no worries about the toxic people affecting my life. I am free. 

2. It is 6/1/21. I am financially responsible. My relationship with money has firm boundaries. My debt is paid off. I am able to make financial decisions freely because I am in a good financial state of affairs. This brings me peace daily and aligns with other aspects of my life. 

The years I spoke of things from a place of need and lack, I didn’t attain my goals. 

The years I spoke as if I were IN it, those were the years I attained it!

Although your brain isn't a true “muscle,” it does function in a similar way to your body's muscles.  

Train it with your words. 

TAKE 10 minutes today to:

Speak favor over your desired life. 

Visualize your goals. (Visualization leads to manifestation.)

Speak as if you’re in IN it. 

And eventually, you will find yourself LIVING it!

No comments:

Post a Comment