Monday, December 21, 2020

Day 7 of “The Journey Back to Self - Are You The River or the Rock?”


Yegge planned a weekend in the mountains for us to disconnect and go off the grid.

The quaint cabin evoked a sense of reconnection to each other.

The sound of the river flowing was soothing, and also provoked a reminder to enjoy the quiet time together.

A reminder to surrender to and to go with the natural flow of what happens in our day to day life with a grateful heart.

I was soothed by the movement and flow of the river as I watched Yegge fish, and as we hiked along the East Fork of the Chatooga River.

The movement of the water caused the rocks to take a beating-eroding with the flow.

In my 10 minutes of reflection this morning, I recognize how sometimes I get pummeled like the river rocks instead of just going with the flow.

Throughout this pandemic, my need to control things has been challenged.

As I watched the water flow and the rocks get thrashed upon, I asked myself...

“Am I The river or the rock?”

“Am I resisting change?

Or am I letting the flow of the river take me where I’m intended to go.

Today, I will faithfully meet each day with purpose.

Moving forward, I choose to be the river and trust the flow.

Which do you choose to be?

Where will your 10 minutes take you this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment