Monday, May 3, 2021

On The Road Again

 


Hallelujah!  On the road again 🎶...(cue Willie Nelson music)

It’s a bittersweet travel day today as I am reminded of the impact that 2020 has had on us all. 

I haven’t been on a plane since last February. Although things look different this time around, I’m reminded that I am not alone in the way I feel about what’s going on. 

This past year, I have managed to continue to live my life as authentically as I can, and with select friends and family. So being around this many people and being forced to cover my face is truly triggering some of my shortcomings. 

“Just breathe”, I tell myself however the anxiety I feel when I am forced to put on a mask is immense. It translates as a bold yet simultaneously subtle statement that our mental health is not much of a priority. It heightens even more when I get stern and concerning looks from strangers as I clear my throat, cough or sniffle - all due to the current pollen count. 

I really am open minded. I live to see the positive things that have come from this stifling experience. In fact, the one benefit 2020 brought me personally, is the ability to dig deeper into authenticity and into being true to myself and others. 

I am also more educated, so there are so many things that don’t make sense during these days. I witness our intelligence and common sense being challenged as we are asked to stand 6 ft apart on line checking in, yet instructed to gather up like cattle as we board the plane circulating the same air for 4 hours. I scratch my head and feel compelled to raise awareness to this whole situation. 

And yes, I get triggered when I am asked if I’ve been vaccinated or been around someone who has tested positive.  I’ve never had to explain my personal health practices or treatments before when I traveled. I am again challenged to make a choice to be true to myself and not feel pressured into doing anything I don’t believe in or know enough about at this point. #mybodymychoice

It appears that our level of common sense is being questioned and our strength is being tested. We will either rise above united or we will fall divided. 

This is not a political debate. I plan on complying when it is absolutely necessary. I won’t stop traveling or living my life, but I won’t sit silently while I step outside and observe what is really going on. 

I was raised to believe that there is a power greater than I, whom I choose to call God. You can call it/him/her whatever you wish. No judgement here. My life is in God’s hands and just like I’ll never convince you to change your beliefs, nobody will ever change mine. 

Remember, this is my post. It is my observation and interpretation based on my experience. Take what you like and leave the rest. I’m so okay with that.  In fact I encourage it. You do your authentic you, boo. 

At the same time, I’m eager to hear about what opportunities came about for you all, how you handled things over the past year. I encourage you all to seek opportunities for growth during this time, and hope to see people unite instead of divide. 

I’m equally excited about still having the choice to eat my egg sandwich very slow and drink my kombucha even slower so I can be mask free a little longer as I await my connection to the "Centennial State". Colorado became a state 100 years after the signing of our nation's Declaration of Independence in 1776!

Ahhhh, independence!  🇺🇸 

Doesn’t that have a nice ring to it?  

You too can have it as you explore and discover whether you want to take the negative route or the more optimistic journey through this thing called “life” in the 21st century. 

My wish for all of you is to pay attention to what the “real you” wants from this life and form your own views. Sit comfortably in a more mindful way of being, identify and anchor yourself in values, and dig even deeper into 2021 to live your best life ever!  Oh, and have fun. 😊

Namaste Baby!🙏🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment