Monday, April 12, 2021

My Mat Is My Gift

 


My mat is a gift. I continue to practice each day.

How I show up on my mat reflects how I show up in my relationships - for my family and my community.
I let out a big sigh as I move into ragdoll (Uttanasana)
I reach opposite hands to opposite elbows and pause here and allow gravity to pull my head closer to my knees.

As I shift my my gaze from the earth to my knees, the sand granules trigger more reflection of my character. Simultaneously, I let go of my thoughts and feel the release of my neck muscles,
I breathe in all that serves me and exhale all that doesn’t.

I prepare for halfway lift (Ardha Uttanasana).
I suddenly become more mindful of my practice, and deliberately engage in this posture.



I release any self-judgement, negative thoughts and regret as I fall into a forward fold (Uttanasana).


One breath, one movement...
What will my body, mind, heart and soul decide today?
The results are determined by just doing my best.
My thoughts create my feelings
My feelings dictate my actions.
My best changes from one moment to another.
How I show up on my mat is a reminder, and an incentive for how I choose to show up in my life.

My mat is my gift.

Follow me through my “One Breath, One Movement” journey as I continue my 200 hour yoga training certification and throughout my quest for Yoga Warrior, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization supporting recovery and resilience among our veterans, families, and communities.
TWO-FOR-ONE VOTING IS HAPPENING NOW! Please continue to vote daily until April 15th to help me get through to the Semi-Finals.
It’s not over until it’s over! I am a Yoga Warrior! Let’s go!

No comments:

Post a Comment