Thursday, May 27, 2021

Move Your Body, Change Your Mind



I practiced yoga this morning with my tribe. 

The support I open myself up to receive from them, sets the foundation for balance in my life. 

Today, it occurred to me that the more open I am to others’ support, the more supportive I am able to be of myself. 

Ultimately allowing me the opportunity to be a pillar of strength and inspiration for them too. 

I am on an overall health and weight loss journey. This morning I meditated on it and took an impromptu yoga class. 

I stood in front of the studio mirror in a sports bra and running shorts (Not my normal garb for hot yoga). 

My initial thought was “Ewwwww, I’m so fat.”

As I moved through integration, I recognized the impact of my words and quickly shifted my thoughts to more loving and accepting thoughts. 

As I moved with the asanas, so did my thoughts...

I didn’t look back or scold myself for the negative self-talk, I acknowledged, thanked and let go of my self-deprecating words. 

As I flowed through my practice, I moved into a kinder and more gentle vision of acceptance and gratitude for my body. 

For me, yoga is...

-Transformational

-Empowering

-Something to consider if you haven’t tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment