Friday, April 9, 2021

My Mat is My Mirror

Today, the sand is my mat. The way I move on my mat directly correlates with how I move in this world. There are days I move freely without judgement nor resistance. There are others when I take my time and I’m a bit more deliberate and reflective.

I slowly move into child’s pose (Balasana) examining the granules of sand beneath my body and recognize that there are many granules within my character that deserve exploration, improvement, enhancement and others that need attention, acceptance and praise.

Regardless, I choose to move methodically, providing my body, mind, heart and soul with what they each need. I choose to find balance and stability in my core as I integrate gently into table top (Bharmanasana). As I hold this pose actively, I prepare for what my body and mind decide together -one breath, one movement.


With each inhale, I soak up all the good there is in this life. With my exhales, I release what doesn’t serve me.
Today I choose the good and all the possibilities. My self-talk becomes more positive as I actively hold my table top. I am stronger as I integrate and I begin to prepare for the flow of my practice into the flow of this moment of this day in my life.


I move deliberately into downward dog (Adho Mukha Shvanasana) - yet again giving my entire being the opportunity to integrate into what’s next in my practice.
Move with me this week as I break down the sequences I am learning - three different poses each day. Today I am a student, learning from others in my yoga teacher training and learning to trust myself as my own teacher. When I commit myself to what’s uncomfortable and accept myself as I am today, I accept myself as I am and as I am not.
When I am able to let go of the control, I begin to believe in myself. I trust myself. A humble warrior emerges and I am filled with more strength than I could ever imagine.
I’ve made it to the quarter finals of @iamyogawarrior to benefit @veteransyogaproject. I am filled with gratitude for all who have supported me thus far!
Please continue to vote daily. It’s not over until it’s over! I am @iamyogawarrior

No comments:

Post a Comment