Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Treading Water


Just when I thought I had life all figured out...I took a deep dive into the pool!
-I signed up for 200 hour YTT certification with @soulyogastudio
-I’ve been working harder to surpass my quotas at my day job.
-I signed a one year lease for my passion project, @thehavenyoga so I can continue to give back peace, serenity, personal growth & development to my community.
-I took on the @iamyogawarrior 2021 challenge to benefit @veteransyogaproject
And suddenly...I feel like I’m in the deep end of the pool, treading water for dear life, and I don’t have it figured out anymore.
So today I “surrender” (accept) my circumstances and change what isn’t serving me to recommit to myself and others.



I was recently asked “What does being a “Yoga Warrior” mean?
I started with a response of being a leader, setting an example for others to fight to live their most authentic life ever...but immediately felt the discomfort in my response because I was masking my intense feeling of vulnerability - recognizing that it’s not about the “fight”, but the “surrender”. It’s about being true to self.
So today, I am swimming over to the shallow end of the pool to place my feet on the bottom, to get grounded in my reality. I may even ask for some “swimmies” or “water wings” for support, to get even more vulnerable.
So from this space, I answer the “Yoga Warrior” question much differently.
Being a “Yoga Warrior” means:

-Checking the ego at the door

-Immersing in a tribe of like-minded yet open-minded individuals.

-Then kicking remnants of the ego to the curb, and asking for help when needed.

-Exercising daily rituals of self-care and personal growth such as yoga, meditation, exercise, journaling, etc.

-Being the best and most authentic, well rested version of myself so I can give back and lead effectively.
The Yoga Warrior Challenge benefitting @veteransyogaproject is just days away from selecting the Top 5. For the next 9 hours receive 2-for-1 votes benefiting Veterans Yoga Project. I hope you will cast your “free” 2-for-1 votes to support this mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment